What Can I Do to Prevent Invasive Plants on My Property?
- Contact PLM Lake & Land Management, your local native plant society or state Department of Natural Resources to find out which plants are invasive in your area.
- Learn to identify locally important invasive plants.
- Remove invasive plants on your property or prevent their spread.
- Only use non-invasive plants when landscaping your property.
- If your property borders a natural area, consider using only native plants in your landscape.
- Find non-invasive or native alternatives for invasive landscape plants.
- Be cautious of plants that “hitchhike” from lake to lake in bilge water, props or trailers of recreational boats.
- Make others in your neighborhood aware of invasive plants.